This is a wonderfully flavorful sauce that seriously takes just a few minutes to put together. If you can operate a blender, you can make this sauce! 🙂 It’s also a great use for an abundance of parsley in a backyard garden and the parsley stems get blended in too, so less food waste!
You’ll get all the benefits of the antioxidants in the parsley and health benefits of extra virgin olive oil and red pepper too! It’s a great nutrition boost to add to any meal.
Yields about 1 1\4 U.S. cups
- 1 cup fresh parsley sprigs with stems included (don’t waste that flavor!)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more if you like it spicier, but you might start with less)
- Salt to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (more if desired)
Simple ingredients for Chimichurri.
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in food processor and blend until smooth. Pour in the olive oil and stir to combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings or other ingredients as desired. Goes great with fish, steaks, on veggie burgers, on seared tempeh, with pork or chicken. It’s also delicious as a condiment for roasted vegetables.
Hope you enjoy trying out a new sauce! Let me know if you try it and how it turns out!