Sunday, January 10th (Class in 2 parts)
10:30 am – 11 am (Part 1)
1 pm – 2 pm (Part 2)
Learn about the wondrous world of fermented foods, chock full of probiotics, and so much incredible flavor you won’t even care that they’re good for you!
This class will be divided in 2 sections. There will be 30 minutes together to start the kimchi and sauerkraut. Then we’ll take a 2 hour break to let the cabbage sit in the salt. Two hours later we’ll come back together to finish making the sauerkraut & kimchi! Yum!
- Fermented Carrots & Radishes
Equipment Needs Ahead of Time (full list sent later)
- 2 Quart Sized (32 oz) Sterilized Mason Jars
- 1 Pint Sized (16 oz) Sterilized Mason Jar OR 2 (8 oz) Mason Jars
- Airlocks or Fermentation Lids for Your Jars (Optional)
- Fermentation Weights (optional, but useful) Can also use small sterilized & food-safe heavy, solid object that can fit inside the jar to weigh down the fermented food.
- Grocery Shopping List
- Equipment List
- Short Class Preparation List
- Zoom Link & Live Class Instruction Time
- Class Recording
You can attend live or purchase the class and watch it later while you cook!
Classes are family friendly and anyone in the household is welcome to join!
You must register for class at least 48 hours before the class time. If you want to register less than 48 hours before class time, please contact Katrina first at email@example.com. This is just in case the class has no other sign ups yet, so Katrina knows she has to grocery shop and set up for class.
All virtual cooking classes are recorded. Please give up to 3 days after class to receive the recording. By attending class, you consent to the class being recorded for future use by The Empowered Kitchen.
If you have a Gift Certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem & receive class materials.