The French Connection Retreat
Château de Bouthonvilliers in the Loire Valley (90 minutes SW of Paris)
Address: 28160 Dangeau
October 7th-10th, 2021
Cook Sustainably ~ Take your cooking to the next level in classes with Chef Katrina of The Empowered Kitchen. Learn to cook fabulous, wholesome meals with seasonal ingredients for everyday farmer's market-style food. Dishes will be plant-forward with some light meat or vegetarian and vegan options. (Most, not all, dishes can be made gluten free.)
Relax in the beautiful Loire Valley this fall! You'll have time for meditation, a full body massage, exploring the grounds, a wine tasting class, and a cultural excursion to the Notre Dame de Chartres Cathedral!
Connect with Yourself & Others ~ Men & Women Welcome!
Hope you join us! Develop a healthier relationship with food & enjoy the process of cooking delicious meals with whole ingredients. It's good for your body and soul!
4 Day Cooking & Well-Being Retreat Includes:
- 3 Nights lodging in beautiful room inside the château. (Choose room with 2 twin beds or a double bed to share. We can coordinate separate women's and men's rooms.) All rooms are shared. First come, first served. Wifi available.
- 3 Sustainable Cooking Classes with Katrina Brink of The Empowered Kitchen! These will be hands-on cooking classes where you'll learn practical cooking techniques to take your home cooking skills to the next level! Plus you'll take them with you forever!
- Wine Tasting Class with Local French Wine Expert
- All Meals (except Saturday dinner) Includes gourmet catered meals or homemade ones made by us during our cooking classes
- 1 Hour Massage!
- 30 Minute morning sessions of gentle movement, relaxation and meditation exercises (3 mornings)
- Saturday Afternoon & Evening Excursion to Explore Historical Sites of this Beautiful Region! See the Chartres Cathedral lit up at night! Stroll through beautiful streets and visit the Art Museum & International Stained Glass Centre.
- Plenty of free time for yourself and to explore the 20 hectares/50 acres of grounds of the beautiful, old French estate
- Walking paths through the woods
- Bikes to borrow, pool (weather permitting) and on-site game room
- Group Taxis from Paris to the Château and back to Paris (Guests must meet at designated pick-up location in Paris the morning of the 7th and will be returned to same location the evening of the 10th.) You're welcome to extend your stay in the region and not take the taxi back to Paris, but the price is included in this package.
Food is meant to be enjoyed. France is the perfect place to experience this & embody a new way of eating & cooking.
Come on over! A bientôt!